Friday, November 14, 2008

Setting up Gmail voice chat

Setting up Gmail voice chat

Frankly I never expected this.I know Google was implementing video chat in their Gtalk application and I tested it when the BETA came with Gtalk Labs edition .
Let me explain what they have implemented now.Gmail team has added a feature of having video conference ( with voice ) inside any internet browsers within Gmail.And I will recommend you to test this cool feature and see the great development effort of Google developers.They have really done a great job in implementing video streaming through AJAX within a browser.
Steps of setting up
The best shortcut way is to Install the Gmail activex through this link (Press the Get Started).You can also reach the same page through the shortcut in Gchat window shown in the picture below.





Install Gmail voice chatInstalling Gmail Voice chat Activex

It's a 20 seconds installation and once completed close the browser window and start it again .Now goto Gmail.com and you can see the new icon of voice chat with your name .And if you don't see the same icon in your friend's name , Please send this blog link to them :) .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home